This year, the Sempra Energy Foundation is making donations to organizations that serve children spending their holidays in the hospital — and their families — on behalf of Sempra Energy employees.
The Sempra Energy Foundation is issuing grants totaling $400,000 to Ronald McDonald House Charities and children’s hospitals across our service areas for their holiday programs that provide toys, meals and holiday cheer. In addition, Sempra Energy employees were invited to make personal contributions that were matched by the Sempra Energy Foundation, raising another $46,000 in donations.
“While giving and volunteering may look different this year because of the pandemic, our commitment to people in need hasn’t changed,” said Molly Cartmill, chief stewardship officer at the Sempra Energy Foundation. “The Sempra Energy Foundation and entire Sempra Energy family of companies are committed to the communities where we operate and are happy to support organizations, such as children’s hospitals and Ronald McDonald House Charities, who continue to do great work in supporting families experiencing medical hardship.”
Organizations that received donations:
San Diego, California
- Rady Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego
Los Angeles, California
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California, Los Angeles House
Orange County, California
- Children’s Hospital Orange County Foundation
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California, Orange County House
- Texas Children’s Hospital
- Ronald McDonald House of Houston
- Dell Children’s Foundation
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas
Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Christus St. Patrick Foundation
Find out more about the different ways Sempra strives to make an impact in our communities.