SoCalGas Encourages Customers to Save Postage Costs with Paperless Billing
Paperless billing helps customers get organized and save money
With postage rates going up this weekend, Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) is encouraging customers to save money and take advantage of the convenience of Paperless Billing. More than 2.3 million SoCalGas customers have already switched, eliminating their paper bills—along with the water, gasoline and tree-cutting involved in producing, mailing and transporting them.
“In addition to being environmentally friendly, paperless billing creates convenience for our customers,” said Gillian Wright, vice president of customer solutions at SoCalGas. “It lets people access their SoCalGas bill instantly on their computer or smart phone, get Bill Tracker Alerts, make payments online and set up electronic payment reminders via My Account.”
“Those who haven’t gone paperless say they want the record, or they’re concerned about remembering to pay their bill,” Wright added. “We send bill payment reminders via email, and we keep two years of bills on our system for people to view anytime—which sure beats filing all that paper.”
With Paperless Billing, customers can:
- Save time and money—No need to spend 50 cents on postage, file bills or shred old ones.
- Pay online through a secure site or with Pay-By-Text.
- Receive notice via email or text when their bill is ready.
- Set up electronic payment reminders.
- Get easy, instant access to their bill 24 hours a day—from a computer, mobile phone, tablet or any other device connected to the Internet.
- Securely store past bills—two years’ worth—plus payment records and energy use history.
To sign up for Paperless Billing, follow these two steps:
- Log in to My Account: Pay your bill online with My Account (One-Time or Automatic Monthly payment). If you are currently registered with My Account, log in here. If you are not a My Account user, learn more here. Once signed up, you will automatically receive an email alert when your bill is ready.
- Click on the Go Paperless icon: Stop receiving bills through the mail for any SoCalGas account(s) you pay.
Step-by-step instructions are shown in this video.
Customers with questions may contact SoCalGas’ call center at 1-800-427-2200. The call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
For more information about Paperless Billing, visit https://www.socalgas.com/pay-bill/my-account/paperless-billing.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, SoCalGas® is the largest natural gas distribution utility in the United States, providing clean, safe, affordable and reliable natural gas service to 21.7 million customers in Central and Southern California. Its service territory spans 22,000 square miles from Fresno to the Mexican border, reaching more than 550 communities through 5.9 million meters and 101,000 miles of pipeline. More than 90 percent of Southern California single-family home residents use natural gas for home heat and hot water. In addition, natural gas plays a key role in providing electricity to Californians—about 60 percent of electric power generated in the state comes from gas-fired power plants.
SoCalGas has served communities in California for 150 years and is committed to being a leader in the region’s clean energy future. The company is working to accelerate the use of renewable natural gas, a carbon-neutral or carbon-negative fuel created by capturing and conditioning greenhouse gas emissions from farms, landfills and wastewater treatment plants. SoCalGas is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE), a Fortune 500 energy services holding company based in San Diego. For more information visit socalgas.com/newsroom or connect with SoCalGas on Twitter (@SoCalGas), Instagram (@SoCalGas) and Facebook.
CategorySouthern California Gas Company , Sempra Energy