Code of Conduct
We demand ethical conduct and compliance at every level of our organization. This means acting with honesty, integrity, and respect at all times. We believe in doing the right thing, and don’t tolerate unethical behavior. Our company’s core values and ethics are essential to who we are and what we believe. And we expect every employee to do their part to uphold our reputation and enable our success.
- Board of directors and senior officers
- Employees - Standards for an ethical workplace
- Suppliers - Extension of Sempra Conduct Standards
Sempra Energy's "Code of Business Conduct" are our standards for maintaining an ethical and compliant workplace. Employees are responsible for knowing the standards of conduct, as well as following regulations and policies related to their specific jobs. Each year, every employee acknowledges his or her understanding of and compliance with these guidelines.
The code is based on these principles:
- Sempra Energy conducts its business in compliance with international, federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Employees conduct themselves in a lawful manner consistent with the company's values and ethical standards.
Sempra Energy "Code of Business Conduct" are available in a printer-friendly (PDF) format to download. Employees can view or download copies of Sempra Energy's Code of Business Conduct from the company's intranet that include contact information.
The Ethics & Compliance Helpline is designed to assure employees, shareholders, suppliers, regulators and our customers that the company complies with all laws and regulations that apply to our businesses and that the company lives up to the highest ethical standards.
You may raise questions or concerns about compliance or ethics issues by one of the following reporting methods:
- Sempra Energy Ethics & Compliance Helpline website at SempraEthics.com or, if you prefer
- The Ethics & Compliance Helpline —
- In the U.S. call: 800-793-7723
- In all other countries call:
- Mexico: 001-770-582-5249
- Chile: 600-320-1700
- Peru: 0800-7-0690
The Ethics & Compliance Helpline is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and provides the option to report anonymously. Every report made to the Ethics & Compliance Helpline is investigated.
To learn more, send a note to SempraEnergyCorporateCompliance@sempra.com.